Ghanaian musician, Okyeame Kwame and his wife, Annica Nsiah-Apau have been together for the past 12 years now.
During their decade plus 2 years of wedding, they have 2 kids — 1 boy and a girl.
Taking cue from the experience gathered through their marriage, the adorable couple have written a book together dubbed LOVE LOCKED DOWN.
Ahead of the launching of the book, the versatile rapper has dropped a list of 10 pratical reasons why couples should not look in the direction of sex before marriage:
1. Sex before marriage clouds their judgement on important decisions, especially when there are red flags in the relationship that need attention
2. Waiting until marriage preserves the sacredness of sex between the couple
3. Not giving in to their desires teaches the couple self- control, which also helps them avoid the urge to cheat with others
4. Avoiding sex saves either party from “feeling used” should the other call it quits
5. An unplanned pregnancy and/or STD, which can cripple an otherwise healthy relationship, will not be an issue
6. Avoiding sex helps them focus on building the emotional, psychological and spiritual aspects of the relationship
7. Should a break-up become necessary, soul-tie consequences will most likely be avoided
8. Neither party would have to live with sexual guilt or unnecessary awkwardness
9. Avoiding sex before marriage keeps the couple focused on their marriage plans
10. The discipline and self-control to avoid sex before marriage builds trust for when they are married.